Since we’ve finished our downstairs, which was about four years ago, I’ve been waiting around to do something down our stairwell. I’m so glad that I was able to finally get around to filling up the space. I decided on another photo wall because I get so many compliments on our black and white photo wall.
This time I decided to go with color photos and white frames to try to make all the pictures uniform. I love the fresh and clean look that’s created by the white frames. Who knew that white matting with white frames could look so good?
Here is the wall before (blank and barren):
Here is the wall after:
I apologize for the pictures not being that great. It was really hard to get photos of the wall because it has a wall on the other side of the stairs so I couldn’t get a good angle.
Here are some things I did to make my photo wall:
- turned old trophy plaques into photo mounts
- spray painted different colored frames white
- had pictures printed onto canvas for cheap at ArtsCow.com and then wrapped them myself
- paid full price for some white frames and matting as well
- tried to keep to cool tones for the colored photos and stay away from pictures with bright colors
- used a cricut machine to cut out words from vinyl adhesive paper
- made a footprint piece of art using an embroidery hoop
Don’t leave without checking out my black and white photo wall adorning my upstairs staircase.