Have a little girl or granddaughter you love dressing up? Here’s a cheap and simple way to make hair bows. You can make one to match every outfit!
- floral wire
- hair clip
- hot glue gun
1. Lay ribbon back and forth on top of each other, creating as many loops as you want.
Make sure there are an even amount of loops on each side. Cut the ribbon after you have your loops and continue to hold the ribbon in the center of the loops.
2. Get a small piece of floral wire and wrap it around the ribbon. Twist the wire to secure the loops in place and then cut off any extra wire.
3. Pull the ribbon loops apart.
4. Cut a small piece of ribbon (enough to wrap around the wire) and then secure it in place with hot glue.
Since I was using thick ribbon I folded the edges of the ribbon under it to make it not as wide of a center.
5. Hot glue a hair clip of your choice to the back of the bow.
6. Fluff the loops using your fingers.
Wire ribbon is the easiest to manipulate and shape.
I made the pink bow the exact same way as the green bow. The green bow is made using wire ribbon and the pink bow is not. The green bow has a much prettier shape because of the type of ribbon I used.
These bows fit perfectly into the paper gift boxes I showed how to make on a previous post. What little girl wouldn’t love getting one of these adorable bows wrapped up in a special box?