DIY. CRAFT. SAVE MONEY.
This month I’m going to be showing you how I make most of the hair pretties I make. If you have the time, you can save yourself quite a bit of money, especially if you’re going to be making multiple ones and can use all of the supplies. This is probably in my top five flowers I make. It’s just a happy flower!
- hot glue gun
- hair clip or pin
1. Cut out six large petals and six smaller petals, all with a rounded edge.
It’s helpful to cut your first one and then use it as a template for the other five, that way they are all the same size and shape.
2. Place a line of glue along the straight edge of the petal and then fold together until glue is dry. Do this for all of the petals.
3. Cut out a 2 inch felt circle.
4. Glue the six large petals onto the felt circle, in a circle.
5. Put a dab of hot glue in the center between all the petal ends and pull the petals together and hold until glue dries.
6. Repeat this process with the small petals but instead of gluing to the felt circle, glue the small petals right on top of the large petals.
7. Glue a gem, button, or bead onto the center of the flower, covering up all the ugly parts.
8. Glue a hair clip or pin onto the back of the flower.
The possibilities are endless with what you can do with this flower! I like pinning mine to my cardigans to dress them up a bit!