DIY. SAVE MONEY.
A lady had bought some velvet no-slip headbands from me (which I’m posting the tutorial for on Wednesday) and sent me a fabric tie headband, similar to the ones I made here. She had purchased hers for $15 and wondered if I could make it for cheaper. So, I studied it and these are what I came up with…
- sewing machine
- hot glue gun
1. Measure and cut out strips of fabric that would fit around your head and be able to be tied.
I cut mine to 30 inches long and you’ll notice I made my strip balloon out just past the half way point to add some interest to the band. At it’s widest spot, the band is 3.5 inches wide.
2. Turn the edge over and iron flat, then turn again and iron again to create a smooth, finished edge.
3. Sew a straight stitch along the edges to create a hem along all sides of the headband.
4. Cut out 3 leaves of complimentary colored felt and stitch them in place directly on the headband.
I stitched right through the middle of the leaves.
5. Created a fabric rolled flower following my fabric rolled flower tutorial.