I wanted to do something fun for the girls coming to Emden’s party, so I decided to make some watermelon hair clips. They make the perfect take home gift for a watermelon party and they’re pretty easy to make if you have 20 minutes to an hour of time to devote to them (the length of time depends on the amount you’re making).
- red or pink felt
- green felt
- small black beads
- black thread
- hair clips or bobby pins
- hot glue gun
1. Cut a circle of green felt.
The size depends on how large you want your watermelons to be. I made mine pretty small and my green felt circles was approximately the size of a half dollar.
2. Cut a circle of pink or red felt about 1/2 inch smaller than the green circle.
3. Cut the red and green circles in half.
4. Sew tiny black beads onto the red felt.
It doesn’t matter what the back of the felt looks like so you can be as messy as you need to be!
Do not actually put the felt in the flame, just next to the flame.
6. Using hot glue, glue the red or pink half circle that has been beaded to the green half circle.
7. Hot glue a hair clip onto the back of the green circle and ta-dah! You’re done!
Planning a watermelon themed birthday party? Check out these other posts of mine: