A tradition of Jeff and I’s ever since we’ve been dating is to carve pumpkins together. We have even made our tradition into an annual pumpkin carving event. Wherever there are carved pumpkins, there are neglected pumpkin seeds.
I would say about half of the time we put forth the effort to save some pumpkin seeds from the dumpster an instead dispose of them in our tummies. If it weren’t for the cleaning of them, I would make them every Halloween but I rather dislike the task of cleaning of all the goo. Lucky for me, this year Rylan was old enough to help with the job and rather enjoyed doing it.
Here’s the recipe we use for making pumpkin seeds…
- pumpkin seeds
- seasoning salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Clean pumpkin seeds.
I use a colander to help wash them and then lay them out on paper towels and pat them dry.
3. Melt two tablespoons of butter and pour on seeds in a bowl.
4. Sprinkle on desired amount of season salt.
5. Spread out seeds on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until lightly brown, stirring them occasionally.
These make great healthy snacks for the family and are perfect for sitting out at a Halloween party.