EAT YOUR HEART OUT.
Looking to up your grilling skills and pull of something spectacular without an ounce of culinary skills? Follow these simple steps to create a sandwich that is to die for! It not only looks great, but the presentation will also have your guests tricked into thinking you’ve ordered take out. Who needs to go to a restaurant when you can make a sandwich that knocks the pants off of theirs!
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 to 3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Mix ingredients together to create a Memphis dry rub
2. Rub seasoning over entire thawed chicken breasts
3. Grill or smoke chicken.
We have a charcoal grill which adds to the flavor, but we also soaked applewood wood chips in apple juice for 20 minutes and then threw them on the charcoal before grilling. My husband also smokes the chicken by placing the charcoal to the sides of the grill and cooking the chicken indirectly. This method makes for very juicy chicken!
4. While chicken is smoking, cook bacon in the oven for no mess.
5. Cut chicken into thin slices.
5. Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil and build your chicken sandwich on it, leaving off the top bun.
Our method of stacking (from bottom to top): bottom bun, chicken slices, bacon, slice of pepperjack cheese, shredded colby jack on top. We find if we put the cheese on top of the bacon, it helps seal it in the sandwich.
6. Put in the oven and turn the oven to broil for a couple of minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. Top with bun, lettuce, toppings, and condiments of your choice. Be prepared to taste pure awesomeness!
For other grilling recipes, try these:
Try out these sides with your chicken: