DIY. PRESERVE MEMORIES.
My mom bought several boxes of sewing items at an auction and let me pick out all kinds of goodies from them. In one of them was a sewing hoop and I knew right away I wanted to use it for an art piece to hang on the wall.
As I was putting together my white framed wall collage, I thought up this project as a way to preserve how little Emden was when she was born and add to the collection. Super simple and cute. You could easily just place a great looking piece of fabric in-between the hoops and hang it up as art.
- sewing hoop
- paint pen
1. Cut out fabric to fit the size of hoop.
2. Paint bottom of feet.
3. Press painted feet onto fabric and lift straight up.
4. Use a paint pen to write the name and date of the child.
5. Place fabric in-between the sewing hoops and tighten.
6. Trim off any excess fabric.