DIY. SAVE MONEY.
Have some slick material like satin laying around? Most of you probably don’t have a bolt of satin laying around, but you may be surprised to find you have the perfect material for making a superhero cape– you just have to think outside the box.
I took some previous bridesmaid dresses and transformed them into superhero capes for my boys and their friends when they come over to play. Emden even has a pink one now!
- slick material such as satin
- sewing machine
- velcro or snap closures
1. I had an existing superhero cape already so I just traced around it.
2. Cut out two layers of the cape.
3. Put the same sides together and stitch around the outside, leaving a couple inch gap to pull the fabric through to get it right side out.
4. After your cape is right side out, hand sew the gap closed.
5. Sew velcro onto the cape around the neck area.
6. Add a name or letters to the cape if desired.
I haven’t gotten to this step yet because I’ve been pretty busy, but I do plan on making each of my kiddos one with their name on it eventually. I also would like to make one with a Superman and Batman logo. One thing at a time I guess…