SAVE MONEY. DIY.
So yesterday I showed you how to make some creative flowers using old sewing patterns. Today I’m going to show you how to make a simple arrangement with the sewing pattern flowers that would be great for a vintage wedding or bridal shower. I made two of these arrangements for my friend Izzy’s vintage bridal shower.
- bud vase
- fabric strip or ribbon
- rocks or vase filler
- sewing pattern flowers
1. Get a plain bud vase or some type of vase.
2. Wrap a piece of lace around the bud vase and cut to size.
3. Wrap a piece of ribbon or strip of fabric around the vase and tie into a loop or knot.
This holds the lace in place. I used frayed fabric to add to the vintage look I was going for.
4. Fill the vase with rocks or a vase filler of your choice.
5. Stick sewing pattern flowers or other vintage looking flowers in your vase.
The sewing pattern flowers are easy to make and practically free so click on the link to get my full tutorial on how to make them.
Here are some other posts on Izzy’s vintage bridal shower you may want to check out: