IT’S ALL ABOUT PRESENTATION.
Here’s a simple way to repurpose the daily or weekly newspaper before it goes in the trash or recycle bin. I love how simple and easy it is to make these newspaper accordion flowers and they look so much better than an everyday bow bought in the store!
- old button
- hot glue gun
1. Cut a strip of newspaper to half the width you want your flower to be.
My first piece I cut was way too big and I had to trim it down. I also cut two layers at a time to make my flower a bit sturdy.
2. Fold the newspaper strip back and forth in accordion folds.
3. Form the newspaper into a circle by attaching the two ends together with glue.
You’ll have to hold together the middle and push it in to keep it in a circle shape.
4. Glue the middle of the flower together and make sure to press it together until the hot glue hardens.
5. Glue a vintage looking button in the center of the flower.
6. That’s it!! Just use a hot glue gun to attach it to your gift.
Looking for other vintage bridal shower ideas? Check out some of my other posts: