I was very fortunate to throw a bridal shower for one of my good friends this past weekend. I had so much fun getting stuff ready for it and can’t wait to show you all of it.
My friend Izzy is going to have a vintage style wedding which made decorating for the shower so much fun. Today I’m sharing with you the vintage bridal shower garland I made using supplies I already had on hand so it cost me $0!
The garland was a great way to dress up a blank wall (unfortunately the wall had a no so attractive white board right where we needed to hang the garland). Oh well!
- sewing machine
- brown ink pad
- paper cutter/scissors
- ribbon/strip of fabric
1. Cut card stock into identical rectangles.
I used a cream color of card stock instead of white to give it more of a vintage feel.
2. Make the edges of the letter cards look distressed by rubbing a brown ink pad along them.
3. Sew a border onto each card using a sewing machine.
I chose a zigzag pattern in a deep red because that was one of her wedding colors.
4. Using a marker, write a letter on each piece of card stock to spell out your message.
5. Using a hole puncher, punch two holes at the top of each letter card.
6. String a ribbon or strip of fabric through all of the cards, making sure to spell your message correctly.
I chose to use fabric because I wanted it to fray and have a “worn” look.
Follow a very similar game plan to make my Christmas Card Stock Garland.
Looking for other vintage bridal shower ideas? Check out some of my other posts: