SAVE MONEY. DIY. DECORATE.
Planning a bridal shower, wedding, or party of some sort? Want to decorate with flowers but don’t want to waste your money on stems that will only last a few days? Making your own flowers out of old sewing patterns is the perfect solution!
These sewing pattern flowers will give you the look of hydrangeas or similar full flowers and if you have some sewing patterns on hand and the other couple of supplies, you can have them for free!
- sewing patterns
- floral wire
1. Cut 6 7-inch squares from a sewing pattern and stack together.
2. Fold the squares accordion style.
3. Round both ends of the now folded rectangle using scissors.
4. Twist a piece of floral wire around the center of the rectangle.
5. Fan out the paper and then pull the layers out to create a flower shape.
6. If the flower is separated between the two sides, simply staple or hot glue the two sides together.
These flowers would look great in an arrangement or decorating a package.
Looking for other vintage bridal shower ideas? Check out some of my other posts: