For my friend Izzy’s vintage bridal shower, we thought we’d get creative with game prizes. I had been wanting to try sprucing up some plain old tea towels and this is what I came up with.
I decided since she was having a vintage wedding I would add some lace to the tea towels to give it a bit of vintage flair. These make great wedding gifts and would also make great Mother’s Day gifts with Nana or Grammy written on them.
- plain tea towels
- fabric markers/fabric paint
- sewing machine
1. Wash and iron tea towels prior to working on them.
2. Using your sewing machine, stitch a couple of decorative stitches onto your tea towel.
I chose to do a couple of jagged lines in a deep red thread.
3. Add lace to your tea towel by stitching it on with a sewing machine.
I added black lace just above the red stitching to two tea towels and a white lace to the edge of one tea towel for something a little different.
4. Add your monogram or word/name of your choice using fabric markers or fabric paint.
I chose to do an F for her soon-to-be last name and then “Mr.” and “Mrs.”
5. Dry your tea towels to set the ink of the marker (follow directions on the box).
If you are going to be throwing a bridal shower, I suggest checking out the post on how to throw a bridal shower and get some ideas from that bridal shower too!
Looking for other vintage bridal shower ideas? Check out some of my other posts: