CREATE. DIY. SAVE MONEY.
I absolutely LOVE how this flower turned out! It looks so pretty and was the perfect focal point of a shower gift for my friend Izzy’s vintage bridal shower. I can’t wait to make some more of these for a different project.
- coffee filters
- hot glue
1. Make a cup of tea and then dip your coffee filters into the cup.
The more aged you want it to look, the less water you should put in the cup to dilute the tea.
2. Lay your coffee filters out to dry.
3. Squeeze the tea bag over the coffee filters, letting out drops of tea onto the coffee filters.
I loved the effect this gave the flower with different variations of browns.
4. Once coffee filters are dry, scrunch a coffee filter together using your fingers and then twist it to hold it in place.
5. Combine several coffee filters together to get the size of flower you want and then twist them all together.
6. Using a hot glue gun, dab hot glue on the twisted ends to hold the flower together.
7. Attach it to a gift or whatever else you have in mind!
Looking for other vintage bridal shower ideas? Check out some of my other posts: