Do you crave Olive Garden’s Alfredo Sauce? I certainly do. The Alfredo sauce that comes in a jar just wasn’t doing it for us and we tried lots of different kinds. They all seemed really bland and didn’t even come close to the rich, creamy taste of Olive Garden’s Alfredo sauce.
That’s when my hunt for the Olive Garden Alfredo sauce recipe began. Let me tell you, the hunt actually winded up being pretty difficult because there are many conflicting reports. I found several different recipes claiming to be the Olive Garden Alfredo recipe. What’s a girl to do?
I ended up trying several different recipes, none of which actually taste quite like Olive Garden’s recipe. After several tweaks to recipes, we decided on the recipe below. No, it still doesn’t compare to Olive Garden’s amazing Alfredo sauce, but it does taste much better than the jarred kind.
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesean cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. In a saucepan, combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese.
2. Simmer this until all is melted and mixed well.
3. Add the parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
4. Simmer this for 15 to 20 minutes on low.
5. Pour sauce over pasta and toss.
6. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.