DIY. SAVE MONEY.
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, here’s a project for the little girl in your life. This girly headband is the perfect companion for any Valentine outfit. Celebrate the holiday with style!
- 3 1- 1.5 inch wide strips of fabric
- hot glue gun
- felt (25 cents at Hobby Lobby)
- headband (got a 5 pack of these for $1 at the dollar store)
- feathers- $1.99 for package at Hobby Lobby
1. Follow my previous tutorial on how to make rolled fabric flowers for a barrette.
I made one large flower and two smaller flowers. Stop at step #5 and do NOT glue it on a barrette.
2. Arrange flowers onto another piece of felt .
3. Glue feathers underneath and in-between the flowers.
4. Glue the flowers onto the other piece of felt so they are all connected to one piece.
5. Cut out around the flower and feather cluster.
6. Glue the flower cluster onto a headband.
I glued it onto the metal clasp so that way the metal clasp wouldn’t hurt whoever was wearing it.
7. For added stability, cut a piece of felt and glue it to the other piece of felt, sandwiching the headband in-between the two pieces.
Be careful to not put glue on the actual headband, otherwise you will limit its ability to stretch.