SAVE MONEY. DIY.
I’ve done some previous posts on making a ballerina skirt and no-sew fairy skirt. I made a ballerina skirt for a friend who is having a baby girl. This time I decided to do some experimenting and add a little pizazz to the ballerina skirt.
I thought the skirt turned out great and from now on all my ballerina skirts will have bows on them! Oh, and I couldn’t resist making a matching tulle flower headband to top off the outfit!
- fabric glue
- sewing machine
1. Follow the instructions for my post on making a ballerina skirt.
2. Attach sequins to ballerina skirt with fabric glue.
3. Tie a bow out of ribbon and make it however long and big you would like it to be.
4. Hand-sew the ribbon bow to the tulle skirt.
5. For the headband, follow my instructions for making a rolled fabric flower headband but use tulle instead.
6. Use fabric glue to attach sequins.
I personally think I liked the headband BEFORE I added sequins and when I do this project again, I think I’ll just put one sequins in the middle.
Here are some other posts you may want to check out: