DIY. SAVE MONEY. CREATE.
These stylish headbands are not only cute, but also easy to make!
- 1- 1.5 inch wide strip of fabric (scrap from one of Jeff’s old dress shirts)
- hot glue gun
- felt (25 cents at Hobby Lobby)
- headband (got a 5 pack of these for $1 at the dollar store)
1. Follow my directions on a previous post about how to make rolled fabric flowers for a barrette. Stop at step #5 and do NOT glue it on a barrette.
2. Glue the flower onto a headband.
I glued it onto the metal clasp so that way the metal clasp wouldn’t hurt whoever was wearing it.
3. Cut a felt circle the same size as your flower base and then glue it to the back of the flower, sandwiching the headband in-between the two layers.
These are perfect for little girls or big girls. Have fun with them!
Here’s how my headband started off:
I also used this shirt to make a pillow, check out my post on using a men’s dress shirt to make a pillow.
Here are some other posts you may be interested in: