Here’s a recipe for a chicken casserole dish I got from my mother-in-law. It is easy to put together and I always get lots of compliments when I take it as a meal to someone. This also freezes really well so I try to make a couple batches at a time to stock my freezer with some ready-made meals.
- 8 oz. fine spaghetti
- 2 cans cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup
- 1 cup chicken broth (Swanson roasted garlic chicken broth is what I use)
- 1-2 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups chopped chicken or turkey
- 1 lb of grated cheese, divided (cheddar or colby)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook 8 oz. of fine spaghetti according to package directions.
3. Drain spaghetti.
4. Mix in cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, onion flakes, salt, pepper, chicken, and cheese (leave some cheese to sprinkle on top).
5. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 pan or divide into two square pans.
I always divide ours into two: one for eating that night and one to put in the freezer for a quick and easy meal later.
6. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Here are some other freezer cooking recipes you may want to check out:
What meal do you like to take as a meal to someone?