SAVE MONEY. DECORATE.
Want to decorate for the holidays but don’t have a lot of cash? You don’t need to with this Christmas decorating project!
I borrowed this idea from my mother-in-law who uses a mason jar instead of a wine glass. Both are equally cute– just depends on the feel you’re going for. This is probably one of the simplest decorations you can make!
- wine glass (can use any type of glass container or jar)
- real cranberries
- floating candle or tea light
1. Fill wine glass 2/3 full of water.
2. Wash cranberries and then put a couple layers of cranberries in the water.
3. Place a tea light or floating candle on top of the cranberries.
4. Light the candle and enjoy it’s soft glow amidst the crimson cranberries.
Get several different sizes of wine glasses and follow this same game plan. Arrange together in the middle of a table and you’ve got yourself an elegant centerpiece!
You could revamp this project in so many ways. A mason jar wrapped with twine gives a country Christmas feel. You could also use a large glass bowl and fill with cranberries and then place three floating candles in the bowl and a white flower without a stem in the middle. The possibilities are endless!
Here are some other Christmas decorating posts you may want to check out:
What other ideas do you have for using cranberries for holiday decor?