So when it comes to Christmas, snowman are my favorite characters. For my husband, it’s Santa, but for me, I have a hard time passing up a cute snowman decoration or ornament. It’s no surprise then that I’m able to devote my downstairs shelves with snowmen only.
I love the cool, crisp, wintery white colors of the snowman scene. I added in some greenery to create some warmth and tie all of the snowmen together. In the greenery garland I added pinecones, silver snowflakes, and some silver ornaments.
Believe it or not, the picture above is of Rylan, not Owen. Rylan even thought it was Owen!
Here are some holiday decorating tips:
- stick to a color theme for each decorating area of your house
- Upstairs I mainly do reds and greens
- Downstairs I stick to snowmen and cooler colors
- greenery and lights go a long way in creating a cozy atmosphere perfect for the holidays
- change pictures out to Christmas pictures
- I put Christmas pictures with cooler toned clothing on the bottom basement shelves and put the ones with more colorful clothes on the upper shelves because my snowman with more coloring are up there also