SAVE MONEY. DIY.
Here’s a quick way to add some Christmas cheer to your home. I did this in one afternoon while watching two boys. Rylan stamped next to me while I made the letter cards and we both had a lot of fun being creative. From beginning to end, it probably only took an hour and it cost me $0 because I already had everything on hand!
- hole punch
1. Cut card stock into identical rectangles.
You’ll need 14 to spell out “Merry Christmas.”
2. Stamp the card stock to add some depth and color to the paper garland.
I chose to stamp red polka dots.
3. Using green permanent marker, write a letter on each card to spell out a Christmas message of your choice.
4. Make the edges of the letter cards look distressed by rubbing a brown ink pad along them.
5. Using a hole puncher, punch two holes at the top of each letter card.
6. String a ribbon through all of the cards, making sure to spell your message correctly.
7. Hang up on a mantle, wall, or doorway!
I tied bows at the end of each ribbon and just used a thumbtack to attach it to the wall.
Here are some other Christmas decorating posts you may want to check out: