SAVE MONEY. LOOK GREAT.
Need a little something to jazz up your wardrobe but don’t want to spend a lot of money? Try changing it up with some accessories. I have a great DIY project where you can do just that for little to no money depending on what you have on hand.
This rolled fabric flower pin I make just like I do the flower barrette, except for a few last steps.
This particular pin cost me little to nothing because all I had to buy were felt and pins. The fabric I used was actually some I had cut off a slip that was too long! I’m learning not to throw fabric scraps away.
- hot glue gun
- 1″ to 1.5″ wide strips of fabric (I used an old slip I cut the bottom off of for fabric)
- pins (bag at Hobby Lobby cost me $2.99)
1. Make three flowers following the tutorial for the flower barrette, but do not glue it to a clip. Make each of the flowers a little bit different in size.
2. Arrange your three individual flowers how you would like your pin/brooch to look and then glue them to another piece of felt.
3. Cut the felt around your flowers.
4. Secure any loose ends or parts of the flower that are not properly glued down with your hot glue gun.
5. Glue a pin to the back of your flowers.
This would look great on a shirt, jacket, purse, hat, scarf, etc. I actually made it to attach to a friend’s ring bearer pillow. The possibilities are endless! These would make wonderful gifts for any occasion and once again, great stocking stuffers!