SAVE MONEY. DECORATE.
Before you toss out a men’s dress shirt or put it into a garage sale, check out this post on how you can turn it into a charming little pillow. Redecorate your house or pass on the memory of a loved one with these special pillows.
- men’s button down dress shirt
- hot glue gun
- pillow stuffing
- sewing machine
1. Cut the front and back of a men’s button-down dress shirt to the size you would like your pillow.
I chose to make an oblong pillow to fit snuggly in our bedroom reading chair.
2. Cut and sew batting to each of the three pieces.
Make sure to unbutton the front so you have two smaller pieces to sew the batting to. On the front side of the shirt with the button holes, I hand sewed the batting to the shirt on the side of the holes so the stitches wouldn’t show through. The batting is to help the pillow not look lumpy.
3. Button the shirt (front of your pillow) and then put the good sides of the shirts facing each other.
The batting sides should be on the outsides.
4. Sew around all the sides of the pillow.
5. Unbutton the shirt and then flip it right side out.
6. Fill the pillow with plenty of stuffing and button it up as you fill it.
7. Once it is full and buttoned, hot glue the seam down in the middle as an extra security to hold the stuffing in.
8. Find a resting place for your one-of-a-kind pillow!
These would make great gifts, especially if the shirt is of a passed loved one. It would be a great way to remember someone who is loved.