SAVE MONEY. SAVE SPACE.
Awhile back we had some Mennonites build for us a desk. Usually we do things ourselves, but we were in a bit of a time crunch with Owen on the way and I was needing somewhere to place my plethora of crafting supplies. We had always planned to build cabinets above the desk and I knew exactly how I wanted them.
However, as most DIY projects, it took us awhile to get to this one…and by awhile I mean a year! Oh well, well worth the wait and I am so pleased with the outcome and love all the new space I have to organize and decorate!
A big shout out to my hubby who did pretty much all of the work. I only did some puttying and painting which was pretty much nothing in the grand scheme of things.
1. Jeff built the cabinets and shelves.
2. Jeff sanded the cabinets and shelves.
3. We primed and painted the cabinets and shelves.
4. I painted the wall cerulean blue where the cabinets were going to go to add a pop of color and interest to them.
My husband was very skeptical of this step and would have preferred to leave the wall tan. I must say I’m happy with my decision and glad he trusted me even though he couldn’t picture it!
5. Jeff hung the cabinets.
6. Jeff cut trim and hung it at the top and sides of the shelves to hide cracks and give it a finished look.
7. Jeff caulked the cabinets.
8. I filled the holes with putty and then did a round of touch up paint on everything.
9. The best part was getting to organize and decorate!
I have several more organizing and decorating ideas for this space, but that’s another day and another project…hopefully I’ll get around to them soon!