CELEBRATE WITH CAKE.
Here’s a simple cake that looks great but I’m positive anyone can make. I think it is perfect for a one year birthday because the colorful sprinkles look awesome stuck to his/her face in pictures. Obviously, it can be used for any occasion though.
1. Bake and freeze two round cakes.
I used mini round cake pans because it was just the cake for Owen to dive into for his first birthday. I used the leftover batter to make cupcakes.
2. Level out the cake by cutting the rounded parts off with a knife so both cakes are flat.
3. Spread icing between the two layers to get them to stick together and then cover the entire cake with icing.
4. Smooth out the icing following yesterday’s tip.
5. Cover the top of the cake with sprinkles.
These sprinkles actually came in the top of the icing container.
6. Make a border around the bottom of the cake by lining up Skittles.
I wished I had bought a regular pack of Skittles to match my sprinkles better, but I don’t think Owen minded!
7. Add your candle(s) and you’re done!
What other easy decorating cakes have you made? Do share or link to them!