Wish you had time to eat breakfast in the morning? Barely make it into work on time? Try making these sausage cheese balls and then freeze them. On those hectic mornings, you can just grab them and heat them in the microwave for a few seconds then eat them on your way! These sausage cheese balls are not only great for breakfast but can also be served as appetizers.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of hot sausage
- 4 cups Bisquick
- 1 egg, well beaten
1. Let sausage sit out for a bit so it is easier to work with.
2. Combine cheese and uncooked sausage in a bowl. Add egg and one cup of Bisquick at a time, working all the ingredients together with your hands. I must warn you, this is an intense hand workout!
3. Shape into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
4. Let cool, then place in a freezer bag.
5. If frozen, reheat in oven at 250 degrees for 20-30 minutes or in the microwave on a low power (amount will depend on number of sausage cheese balls being reheated).
Like the idea of freezer cooking? Here are some other recipes to try: