Get the munchies at night or crave a snack during the day? Here’s a recipe that can satisfy your sweet cravings. It’s a spin on a chocolate chip cookie and I what I like best about this cookies is that they freeze really well. My mother-in-law (her recipe) actually prefers them frozen and I have to agree! Now I don’t mind making cookies because I can keep a handful out for dessert that night and then freeze the rest for snacks/dessert other days. Sometimes I make a double batch so I’ll have a lot of extras on hand in case we need to bring something to a get together. All I do is take out how many I want the night before so they can unthaw– what a time saver!
- 1 cup margarine-softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar (dark brown sugar preferred)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 package chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat margine, white sugar, and brown sugar together until creamy.
3. Add in 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat well.
4. Add 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Beat together well.
5. Mix in 2 cups oats and 1/2 package of chocolate chips with a large spoon.
6. Spoon drop onto cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees or till golden.
7. To freeze cookies, let cool and then place in a freezer Ziplock bag.