Have a little girl who loves to play dress up? Here’s an easy way to add to her dress-up wardrobe and it’s a lot cheaper than buying some costumes from a store. All you need is a few supplies and a little bit of time to make this no-sew fairy skirt. You can even use this come Halloween time to save even more money. Who doesn’t love little fairies?
- 3 or 4 yards of tulle
- elastic band
- sequins (optional)
1. Purchase your tulle all in one color or multiple colors. You may want to buy some with shimmer or sparkles in it for an authentic fairy look!
2. Use a skinny, elastic headband to make the waistband of the skirt.
I just used one I had on hand.
3. Cut tulle into 3-4″ wide strips. Length is determined by how long you want it and double it because it will drape on both sides of the elastic headband.
4. Place a strip over the elastic headband so it is halved. Knot the tulle tightly around the headband so there are two free-floating pieces of tulle for the no sew fairy skirt. Repeat this process with all strips of tulle.
5. Accessorize with wings, a wand, and a sparkly shirt for a complete fairy costume!
I have to admit this seemed to take a looong time to make. I would much rather use a sewing machine to make a fairy/ballerina skirt.