CREATE FAMILY MEMORIES.
This past weekend, our family painted some Easter eggs together. It was a great way to brighten up the cold dreary day outside. We had a lot of fun getting messy and admiring one another’s work. The whole family was able to join in on the fun except our little chick, Owen.
This project is really simple and very inexpensive. I purchased the cardboard eggs at Hobby Lobby. They are regularly priced at 3 for $1 but I got them 50% off, making each one about $.17 each! Then I bought three bottles of acrylic paint in pastel blue, green, and pink. I already had purple and yellow. The bottles of paint were each under $1. So for nine eggs, it cost around $4 plus we have lots of paint left for other projects!
- acrylic paint in colors of your choosing
- cardboard eggs
- paper or plastic to protect your table with
- paper plate
1. Cover table or workspace with some type of protective covering.
2. Squirt paint onto paper plate.
3. Designate a paint brush for each color so you don’t have to keep washing them.
4. Paint your little hearts out!
5. Cut up an empty toilet paper holder to hold your eggs in while letting them dry. Once dry, flip them over, and paint the other side.
Here’s how our painting went: