Are your breakfast choices getting dull and monotonous? Need to add something new to the mix? Do you get the munchies during the day and wish you had something both yummy and nutritious to snack on?
Here’s an easy recipe for granola I got from my friend Janet that can be used as a topping for yogurt but is also scrumptious enough to be eaten alone. I am not a health food nut by any means, nor am I a granola fan…at least I wasn’t before I made this recipe. It not only tastes great, but it makes your house smell absolutely d-lish!
Save yourself some time and make a double or triple batch to last you throughout the month!
- 6 cups oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (optional, but recommended)
- 1 cup wheat germ (optional, but recommended)
- 3/4 cups oil
- 3/4 cups honey
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Optional add-ins:
- ½ – 1 cup nuts, raisins
- 3 tsp. sesame seeds, flax seeds
- Anything your family likes (peanut butter, craisens, etc.)
1. Combine all ingredients
2. Spread mixture onto a cookie sheet
3. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
4. Store in closed container.